I’m not going to try to make excuses, I have been a lazy bitch over the last couple months. I kept thinking, “hey, I should probably post something on my blog” and then I just sat there and did something else, or I posted something but it was sort of a cop out like the “things that infuriate me” post.
Anyway, I apologize and I’m going to try to post more from now on. I’d still rather not hold myself to a schedule yet, but I’m hoping to be able to write something at least once per week.
Now that’s out of the way, here’s what I’ve been up to lately in case anyone has been curious:
- My laptop died and The Keeper had to resuscitate it for me (meaning it kept freezing and refusing to open internet browsers so I had The Keeper format it and reinstall Vista). This worked out fairly well, but since I’m not the only lazy person in this household it didn’t actually get done until a week or two after I decided not to touch the thing until it was fixed. Then once everything was reinstalled I discovered that there were some drivers missing and causing things to be weird, so I had to get him to fix that, which also took a week or two before he got around to it.
- I went through another depressive cycle, which I think was partially exacerbated by my having to use The Keeper’s netbook or the desktop he’s got hooked up to the TV if I wanted to do the things I do regularly online, neither of which do I enjoy using all that much. The netbook is hard to type on because of the tiny keyboard and there’s no comfortable place to sit to use the TV/desktop because if you sit on the living room furniture the screen is far enough away to be difficult to read and if I sit on the floor for extended periods of time my back starts hurting.
- I was basically forced to discontinue the use of my 10 year old LiveJournal because of some drama. I’m still a little bitter about that, so I won’t go into too much detail here.
- I met my new nephew and he is, well, he’s a baby so he’s small and kind of wiggly.
- My job search continues, however I have recently had a wave of motivation/inspiration and intend to work toward opening an Etsy shop and attempting to make a living selling a random assortment of my own crafts and art.
- This week I started reorienting my sleep schedule. As much as I love sleep and hate waking up, I always seem to get so much more done when I get up in the earlier morning rather than later morning. And getting more done helps me not feel down on myself for being a lazy ass. So The Keeper has been getting me up and moving at about 6:50am when he comes back into the bedroom to get dressed and leave for work. So far, it’s working out pretty well. The apartment is much more consistently tidy and I’ve been eating real meals at normal times instead of just munching on whatever will take the least amount of preparation.
- Oh, and I bought the upgrade from WordPress that allows you to edit CSS and had a friend help me tweak a few things. There are a couple things about the new look that I’m not thrilled with that will be tweaked soonish, and at least one of them can’t actually be changed because it would require editing the html rather than the style sheet and WordPress doesn’t give that option, but overall I’m happy with it.